Saturday, July 25, 2009

Logos


This logo is a brand of beer. I thought it might be good to use with the underage drinking photomontage as it suggests girls being dumb for choosing to drink at such a young age.


This is a screen shot of a webpage from the Cotton On website. For this logo I have the choice of using either the Cotton On logotype or the Cotton On Kids logotype. The name of this logo gives the idea that kids are catching on to consumerism, materialism or just the way of the world. For all the logos I choose to use, i want them to have an underlying meaning that relates to my theme. 



Here I have two logos that I could possibly use. Second Life is an online world where people can create their own avatars to represent them as how they want to be seen by others, not necessarily what they look or act like in real life. This relates to the internet over-usage idea and also relates to the theme by saying that kids can have a "second life" on the internet. iMac also really relates because it is like saying you are what you eat.

This logo is for a makeup brand. I like the name of this logo because it relates to my theme by suggesting that makeup is just a cover up for who you really are.


This Barbie logo relates to the unrealistic body proportions that are Barbie Dolls. The term "Barbie" is also seen as a derogatory term for people that are too into themselves or that dress or look "fake."

I would like these logos to feature in some way throughout my photographic montages. Besides their underlying meanings they also have a direct link to consumerism and advertising which is one of the major factors of the issue of young girls growing up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment